Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hmm

Mentioned being a finalist to my new agent, who handles fiction as well as screenplays, and she wants to read it. Wonder if she'll want to hit the mainstream market with it. I really don't want to commit to a series. Not enough time and too many wonderful absolutely unmarketable fine projects I want to do in the moments left to me, especially the two personal novels, Cold War and Sally, the swan song, Nails In My Coffin, and a new form of music drama. I don't have time to write "entertainment." On the other hand, now and again it is fun to dash off an entertainment (to use Graham Greene's term and distinction). Yet I really do have more fun doing my little esoteric projects and throwing them into my archive at the University of Oregon. My dad had an incredible gift for making money. He passed on this skill to neither of his sons.

No comments: