Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Who says I never win anything?


In March, the local bluegrass group Zach Driscoll and Three-Quarter Time is recording a live concert in Mt. Angel, and we expect to be there. They had a contest to suggest songs for the CD. If your song was chosen, you'd get a free copy. Well, I suggested six songs and was just informed I'm a winner. They don't know which song they'll put on the CD set yet but one for sure. The six songs I suggested were (some of which are rarely treated in the bluegrass idiom):
  • Footprints in the snow
  • Buddy, can you spare a dime?
  • Pretty Polly
  • Tonight the barroom let me down
  • Nobody loves you when you're down and out
  • All my rowdy friends are dead and gone

Meanwhile, to school early to see if I can get some writing done. Yesterday I didn't write a thing: nonestop editorial chores for the review, catching up, well, almost catching up on what is shaping up to be another fine issue. We even have a musical based on Beowulf.

No comments: