Thursday, February 22, 2007

The mysterious Psyche

I woke up in a funk, been in a funk all day, and I have absolutely no reason to be in a funk with all the good things happening now, but there you have it. Probably biological.

Meanwhile, funk or not, I got work done today (writers don't let funks stop them!*) and finished a very rough draft of the new libretto, which I brought to my office hours (here early) -- maybe I can rewrite it while I'm here. I think it fits in nicely with the other two in terms of content, theme.

*More than one ex has told me how amazing they thought it was that I'd get up and write early in the morning, no matter what had transpired the night before. Well, my habit is nothing compared to James Baldwin's routine, leaving the bars at 3 a.m. and writing till the sun came up. I had to crash for a few hours before getting down to it.

No comments: