Thursday, March 29, 2007

Writerly chores

Put together my spring syllabus this afternoon. I expanded it from 10 to 23 pages by adding various handouts I use every term ... save me some grunt work later. Then to the copy center, which happens to be next to a coffee shop.

Heading out for the opera via an art gallery where a friend has an opening.

Another day of getting work done on everything -- except just a tad of piano, not as much as I should be doing. Maybe I should do piano first thing in the morning to make sure it gets done.

Best, best!, I came up with a plot twist that I think will fix the second act of my cold war novel, the middle of which has been bugging me no end. A logical surprise that moves everything in a new direction and opens up new possibilities. I'm going to go with it and see what happens.

No comments: