Thursday, March 15, 2007

Let the madness begin

9 a.m. the NCAA tournament begins in earnest -- and I'll be watching. One of my favorite sporting events. And this year I have a team to root for that may stand a chance, Oregon. If they play at their best, as they did in the PAC-10 tourny, they could reach the Final 4. But they've been notoriously inconsistent. They could lose in the first round, too. I also have Washington State and Gonzaga to root for, plus small schools and high seeds everywhere.

Yesterday afternoon I had a sinking spell. Not a relapse so much as loss of energy, this prolonged virus sapping the life out of me. I picked it up Feb. 27th, after returning from L.A., so it's been hanging on for a while. I feel on the downhill side again this morning and continue to take care of myself and hope for the best. Poor H is in worse shape, not with the flu but an allergy or something, coughing fits, spitting up green slime. This is our most sickly winter together.

Two papers to read this morning. Otherwise caught up ... but I get the final projects today, so lots of reading in the next four days.

Also very behind in piano practice and have to make an effort to catch up before class tomorrow.

When I get well, I need a new plan to stay well.

No comments: