Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Music, music, music

My ukulele has been shipped, and I should get it Thursday, about the time I turn in my grades. I'm moving music, piano and uke, front burner during my break to catch up on things and also returning to the cold war story.


Regarding the uke, I plan to learn three playing styles:
  • Strumming, which should have no learning curve. I already play guitar, after all. Learning new chords should be easy.
  • Finger picking. I already finger pick guitar, so this should have a small learning curve as well.
  • Clawhammer. This is the challenge but it's also the sound I like best. I tried clawhammer banjo once and it didn't come easily. A challenge, like I say.


I had a virus relapse yesterday but am feeling better today. I don't recall ever having such a tough time shaking one.

Finished reading the projects. Pick up finals this afternoon.

1 comment:

John said...

*sigh* I miss my uke LOL Haven't had one since the late 1970's...

Of course, I could never play it... I've only in the past six months started teaching myself guitar... I can do anything now in basic 1st Position, but these bar chords are killing me! Or at least killing my joints LOL.