Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Profile in Daily Vanguard

I've had quite a number of profiles written about me over the years, most of them decades ago, so it was surprising a few weeks ago when a student writer at the university approached me about an article. The hook was my mystery being a finalist. I said sure, and we went from there.

The article is out today:
PSU writer up for Book of the Year award
, and it's a good story, which is to say, accurate (I'm not misquoted etc.: however, there is one error -- I was in the army three years, not four. I don't think a completely errorless article has ever been written about me.). I thought the writer, Katie Kotsovos, did a first rate job bringing together a wealth of information to write a clear, tightly focused profile. She's a good journalist.

Otherwise, lots of student work to read this morning and a full marketing lecture to give this afternoon. I am feeling a tad better, thank the gods. Onward.

No comments: