Tuesday, March 27, 2007

So quiet ...

The halls of the university are abandoned and quiet. Term break. I'm in my office to do a few chores, including reading/rewriting the next 30 pages of the novel draft. Then it's time to move forward.

Very exciting about finishing act one of the new screenplay so quickly. This might be a very marketable script because 1. it's so easy to do (with good actors) and 2. the story (Rebecca West's story, of course) is first rate. I'm taking care to remain faithful to it in my modernization (which I'm doing for budget concerns. I figured we didn't need another historical drama, since such an adaptation already exists, but that this remains a very modern story. I have my soldier returning from Afghanistan.)

Made some good progress on the uke yesterday, too. Still, still, behind on piano studies. This is the area that I seem to push aside. Have to fix that.

Tomorrow or Thursday, it's time to revise my syllabus. I am making a few tweaks this term, though I'm using the same books again. But different books next fall.

Well, to work.

No comments: