Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Picking up finals

Killing time in the office before picking up my students' take-home finals. A ritual that ends the term. I should get them read tomorrow and Thursday and turn in my grades. Then we get ready to do it all over again, but this time with the summer break ahead.

During the break, as I said, it's going to be music, music, music, plus getting back in the rhythm of Baumholder 1961. I am very eager to start messing around with the ukulele. Sounds like therapy to me, which may be another word for Zen.

Clawhammer Ukulele. I like the sound of it. Hope I can master the sucker. I expect it will take a while but I have good video resources on the net to guide me along. If you can get the right hand down, it's a piece of cake. My uke crazy friends are doing the standard strum routine, so maybe next time I see them I can surprise the hell out of them.

No comments: