Sunday, March 25, 2007

Inspiration

Oregon lost but was game till the end.

Just wrote out a beat sheet for a new screenplay. Inspiration. I'm going to adapt the Rebecca West novel to a modern low-budget psychological drama. It easily could be an historical drama, of course, but I'm bring the story to current times, a soldier returning from Afghanistan, and using only a single setting, a ranch in the west. I'll write with the novel at hand and use as much of the dialogue, modernized, as I can. But I want to add more visual storytelling than is in the novel.

Directors watching budgets love few sets. I can tell this story in a single setting, as most of the novel is told. The only question is whether I have legs for a feature instead of an hour drama. I'm writing very, very vertically to take up page space ha ha. We'll see what happens. But if I can make a feature, I think this would be very marketable because it's basically a 4-character psychological drama, very gripping, and 3 of the characters are women. I'm excited about this.

Now to read the Cold War print out. Onward.

No comments: