Thursday, March 22, 2007

Cheerful students


Stopped by the Cheerful Tortoise, the university-local sports bar, for breakfast and found quite a few cheerful students laughing over beer or Bloody Marys. A bit early to finish a final ... wonder if they were prepping for one. I used to save my drinking until after the exam.

A great breakfast, which was a relief since the quality control here is iffy. Depends on the cook, maybe, or the condition of the cook. About half the time it's great, the rest merely good. Never a bad breakfast there at least.

At the university to tie up some loose ends.

Eager to get a ukulele in my hands! Today or tomorrow, I expect. Have spent time in the fretboard book -- man, it's like a mystery has been revealed. The explanation of patterns in this book is first rate. I should be able to utilize the full fretboard after learning these principles. It's like when the light went off and I first understood the 3-act storytelling paradigm -- what power comes with understanding! Exciting stuff.

No comments: