Friday, March 23, 2007

Editing


Almost forgot: a high priority this term break is catching up on the review. I have six or eight scripts to evaluate, quite a few accepted essays to format, other chores. Need to start that right away.

The tourny is back in gear. Exciting 1-pt games last night and the #1 seeds lucked out. UCLA was the exception, winning handily. Tonight Oregon plays. Would love to see them meet in the semi-finals.

Feeling a tad better again today ... maybe up to 80%.

I'm revising my syllabus over the summer. This year I'll have used the same one all three terms, a first. I usually change every term. I'm going to have them do more exercises from my book, I think. I may drop the Aristotle book and just copy and pass out the chapter on Action Ideas. I'll use my new paradigm chart, of course. With thanks to David Mamet. I love that guy's work and am delighted to learn he's a fanatical 3-act guy. So many students resist this, sounds too "un-creative" to them. As if a sonnet having 14 lines restricted creativity!

I'm ready for spring. Definitely. And I'll be ready for summer before it's here, too. Come on sunshine.

No comments: