Saturday, February 06, 2010

Sullivan's fear -- and its justification


If you are one of those people who think this person cannot become president of the United States, think again.


Two lines stood out for me. The first is a sign that she believes and her followers believe that she has a divine destiny. She is Esther, with a touch of martyrdom:

"I will live, I will die for the people of America."

The second was the Dolchstoss attack on the duly elected president of the United States:

"We need a commander-in-chief not a professor of law."

More

I thought I was watching a scary political thriller like Manchurian Candidate when she said I will live, I will die for the people of America. This lady really has delusions of grandeur. This is what makes Sullivan right about her being dangerous.

But surely the media make much more of this than it really is, right? I mean, the majority of Americans aren't this stupid, are they? Let's have a head count and find out. I hope she runs for president. And if she doesn't, if she's stubborn and individualistic, maybe she'll hurt the Republicans -- or force them to move toward the center to distance themselves from her (fat chance).

No comments: