Friday, February 12, 2010

Energy

Once again my energy level crashes big time on a Friday afternoon. But I had a good morning of work.

A shooting spree at the Univ of Alabama has arrested a female suspect, which is very unusual.

Winter Olympics start tonight. I love the Os but the summer more than winter. Have to root for Apollo, though!

Big day Monday, dealing with scenes to workshop in class during the week. Meanwhile my time is my own and I'll get as much done as energy permits. But being old is sure not like being younger in this regard. In retrospect, I don't see how I got through the Sally video, the last obsessive project I was involved in. I suppose it was mind over matter and another obsession might do this again. But my obsessive days also may be over, which doesn't upset me.

I got H flowers and candy for VDay, which arrived and the flowers are starting to bloom, pink lilies and blue something else, quite nice if I say so myself. She hasn't let me try the chocolate yet ha ha.

Gave up on my attempt to understand space time physics math equations. Been away from it far, far too long. Astounding what I used to know that today I haven't a clue about. My Russian is embarrassingly rusty as well.

But I play better banjo than ever, or at least I'm getting there. And I have a large literary archive I'm proud of. So it's not all lost skills ha ha.


Some folks find my zero sum universe theory depressing. Well, if you are a Christian believing in Grand Design, "God knows why" etc, yes, you would be critical of it. But I don't believe God worries about us at all. Why the hell bother?

The reason zero sum has positive effects is that the media so much concentrates on negativity, the negative news, that we have to embrace the positive to climb back up to zero. The news reminds me, at least, of all our greatness -- and the more negative the news, the more greatness I recall to cancel it out for a zero sum.

Zero sum, in this culture, is optimistic!

No comments: