Thursday, February 18, 2010

Banjo fanatic

I am REALLY digging how my clawhammer lessons are going. This is fun, encouraging, and challenging all at once. It's amazing how far I've progressed in just six weeks -- the 3 (of 10) other students still coming to class agree. What happened to the lost 7? What a waste of money.

At any rate, I still don't know what the next step is beyond studying on my own with Perlman's excellent material. I think I do need a live teacher to keep me straight, to keep me from developing bad habits. There are half a dozen available teachers but I don't know how to choose among them. My present teacher is being polite about not saying much. I'm sure it's a small community and no one wants to bad mouth anyone else ha ha. If I go with private lessons, I suppose a sensible approach is to take a sample lesson from several and decide.

I hope I get my BANJO RULES! hat before my class is over so I can wear it to class ha ha.

No comments: