Tuesday, February 16, 2010

3 incredible aunts

I just told the story of my aunt who was the mistress of a local mob boss in Philly. Well, I actually had 2 other incredible aunts. My dad's other sister was married like six times, all to wild men: a professional boxer; a deep sea diver; a test pilot; a jazz musician; I forget the others, but not an accountant among them ha ha. My aunt on my mother's side was a big band singer, well, until her father cursed her on his death bed, after which she became an alcoholic Catholic but no less interesting. She gave me her 78 collection of records, mostly jazz, which was a lot of my musical education.

My uncles were much more boring than my aunts. Those three aunts will pretty wild for their day.

I also had a German aunt, brought over after the war, who caused a family scandal one holiday, resulting in being ostracized thereafter, by defending Hitler (he brought jobs, the trains ran on time, there was an affordable people's car, the VW, etc). My mother never did like the fact that I drove a VW.

No comments: