Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Spam patterns

Ever notice how spams often come in bundles with the same pattern in their subject lines? Checking my bulk folder just now, where the spam software dumps all this stuff, I have a bunch of "From Fred:" "From Lida:" and so on as the subjects. Other days it might be "Fred says hi!" "Lida says hi!" or teasing things to draw you in, like "About our phone conversation" or "Reply to your note." Ah, these spammers get clever. Sometimes, the really clever ones, have a subject line about my interests, such as "Screenwriting" or "Hyperdrama." I suppose they get this from a word count at my websites or some damn way. It's a constant creative battle, the spammers against the spam police.

p.s. 2pm. A string of them ... "Hi, it's Grayson...Rubin...Enrique...Groves...Bullock...Mcneir...Reeves..." a cast of thousands. Jeez.

No comments: