Thursday, November 16, 2006

High productivity

From a day of funk yesterday to a morning of great productivity today! Who can figure? After the chapter on Sally, I got a great start on the new comic libretto -- indeed, I think I have it all mapped out in my head and the first sequence done on paper. Well, not paper.

I also found time to install some programs on my new toy, a SanDisk flash drive with U3 technology. I've had an earlier model for a while now and live by it, especially in my university office (where the office computer almost becomes my own via the drive), and I don't need extra space (writers seldom do) but I was sold on a newer model by two things: the retractable connection so I don't need caps, which I was always losing; and the U3 technology that permits special programs to go on the disk. I loaded a simple word processor and some desk assistant utilities. It's a 1G disk (my earlier, 512K, was only half full), so I still have more space than I know what to do with. I love the new features and can't wait to try it out at work today.

In class we'll be reading the trailers I asked them to write for their projects. I only have four more classes! This term has sprinted by.

P.S. Later ... the damn firewall at the university appears to be inhibiting some of the special features of the new flash drive. I can use it in the "old" way but not sure I can use its special features here.

No comments: