Thursday, November 23, 2006

Bob & Ray


On my traditional holiday morning cruise this morning, coffee in hand, the jazz radio station on, I heard a surprise: the DJ changed the pace by playing an old "Bob & Ray" episode, "Two Faces West," about two cowboys on the same horse struggling to dismount. I am a tough audience but I laughed aloud at this skit. I hadn't heard Bob & Ray in years and am reminded of how special they were. Time to reacquaint myself with them.

Official Bob & Ray Website.

Wikipedia bio.

A Bob and Ray Retrospective by Neil Schmitz.

Listen to Bob & Ray online.


The DJ also played the old "minor classic" song "My Buddy", which was the theme song of Buddy Rogers and the California Cavaliers, this version being my father's favorite song. One of the highlights of his tour as the U.S. Naval Recruiting Officer in Dallas (where I started school) was meeting Buddy Rogers shortly after the end of WWII. Dad often showed off the photograph of them together. The photo to the right is a band publicity shot.

No comments: