Thursday, November 09, 2006

Opera tonight


Faust tonight. Really looking forward to it.

It's been a productive week, at least within the parameters of what appears to be my more relaxed rhythm. I drafted two chapters of Sally. I selected the second Maupassant story for the chamber opera evening, a comic tale that will provide good contrast to the rest. I have three to choose from for the third of the trio. Not sure how "dark" I want to go. And I put in hours on the piano.

I have younger acquaintances who are ecstatic that Rumsfeld resigned. Well, history tells me to wait and see. I remember being ecstatic when LBJ decided not to run for reelection. Young and naive, idealistic and ignorant of the real political world, I thought this meant the Vietnam War was over. The worst was yet to come with Nixon and the bombing of Cambodia. Another true cliche: all that glitters is not gold.

No comments: