Thursday, July 24, 2008

Young writer, old writer

When a day remotely like today happened to me a quarter century or more ago -- a script request, 3 definite live wires with other producers -- I'd be deep into celebrating by now. I'd have bought at least one round of drinks at Seafood Mama's, my hangout in those days. I'd be feeling on top of the world. As a younger writer, I often jumped the gun and over-rated the significance of "good news" in a business environment in which Yes often means No. Today I am excited, yes, but mildly so, briefly so, and quickly returning my focus to these two new wonderful projects I have to structure. What happens, happens. Usually nothing, sometimes something pretty cool. None of which is reason for a party.

When I finish editing the silent comedy and make DVDs for the actors, now that will be time for a showing and a party!

No comments: