Friday, July 18, 2008

Eugene

A day trip to Eugene yesterday included a visit with my brother and his wife. Bill and I always laugh a lot when we get together, which is great. We have similar senses of humor and a lot of common tastes and judgments. He recommended a novel, which I have on hold.

Had lunch at Zenon's, which I've called my favorite restaurant in Oregon but which has been sold and, although lunch was great, is not the same, according to habitual customers who've talked to my brother.

Glad to be home. My traveling days are over, in truth. I prefer staying put. As I told H on the way down, I'm only good for about 200 miles a day but halfway down I added, Make that 100. When at UCLA, I used to drive to Medford, 800 miles, in one sitting. Ah youth.

Piano scales today!

No comments: