Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Disappointed

We didn't like the new Batman movie, though I disliked it more than H. We both thought it was about 30 minutes too long. But I don't get into Batman the way I can get into Spiderman, and I think it's because I find a nerdy kid who doesn't get the girl a lot more sympathetic than a wealthy businessman. And in this version, Batman's voice drove me up the wall. I loved the performance of the Joker but that's about it.

I re-edited the bottle-poison scene, trying a different way to cover the real problem, which is that I forgot an important shot. This new attempt to fake my way out of it works better, I think. Editing often seems to be about yours truly trying to cover his own mistakes ha ha.

Been thinking about the next video project. Something noir appeals to me, as does a mockumentary. Also another silent. Also a series. Brood, brood.

No comments: