Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Caesar salad

Dinner out, where I ordered Caesar Salad ... but I can't remember the last time I was at a restaurant where they assembled it at your table. In the 50s and 60s in LA, this used to be the standard way it was done. I think I may have had it this way somewhere in Portland in the 80s. Not since. And today,. most skimp on the anchovies. Wimps.
Classic Caesar Salad
How to make Classic Caesar Salad
My all-time favorite salad is the Caesar Salad. To many, including myself, this is the
King of salads. If a restaurant offers it on the menu, I usually request it when dining out. If you have never experienced "the show" that goes with tableside presentation, you don’t know what you
have missed. What an opportunity for a waiter to show off his stuff, mixing and whisking to the delight of the patrons.
Caesar Salad is named after chef Caesar Cardini who created it in his restaurant in Tijuana, Mexico in 1924. It became popular in Hollywood and is now considered an American classic.
 blog it

No comments: