Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weather feather

Don't like the weather? Wait a minute. Yesterday was a great summer day. Today a cool rainy day. According to a weatherman, this is only the 4th July 29th since 1940 when it rained in Portland. Now suppose to warm up again and be in the 80s by weekend. I prefer 90s but close enough.

Making progress on the splay, into the 2nd act. Made some notes for tomorrow's writing. Going forward leisurely, rather than obsessively, trying to write 5 to 10 pages a day. Another feature I like about the dead Sophocles, which I'm still using, is that "custom" notes can be written in the script that don't get printed or take up space. Like invisible purple ink you can read. So I can take notes along the way right in the manuscript and it doesn't change the pagination or anything. I prefer this to notes in an attached window or other ways different programs do it.
As ever, oh as ever, Act II is the big challenge. I know the midpoint and low point, I think, but I need more story density throughout the act.

Again, another day with much time devoted to music studies. I'm also itching for Sunday. The challenge is a morning shoot of a tango in which several surreptitious actions must happen. Hard to choreograph and then hard to tape. I need a squirting ring I ordered, which should arrive soon.

It's certainly a productive summer.

No comments: