Sunday, July 20, 2008

The shooting begins

Scheduled shoots both today and tomorrow for the silent movie. Today we're outside, a croquet game, a "meet the family" sequence. This will be about 30 or 45 seconds in the film, I suspect, but probably will take an hour or more to shoot. Each actor needs to find the expression and body language that instantly communicates their character, while playing croquet. We'll try lots of things.

Tomorrow will be more of a mess -- the kitchen scenes, which is where everyone gets poisoned, one by one, so we'll have a lot of falling bodies and the dragging of corpses. We have three hours scheduled in a friend's house. Needed a kitchen with a nearby escape route, a door, for dragging the bodies, in this case to a utility porch.

I had hoped to have only one more day of shooting but it can't be done with the actors' schedules, so we'll finish up with 3 hrs on Sunday Aug 3rd and 2 hrs on Monday the 4th. So it ought to be edited and online by mid August, knock on my wooden head.

The Old West project would require more time than I have to give to it now, alas. I'd have to reacquaint myself with too much research, which was done five years ago. It's a fun project but my time is more limited than ever. I have to pass for the moment on things that interest me, i.e. I don't do as much multi-tasking as I once did. Don't have the energy for it any more.

No comments: