Sunday, July 27, 2008

Making a feature

Well, the actress who would play the lead, Ruby, is on board. I wrote the candidate for the daughter, and we'll see how that goes. I have no idea about the third major role, the country singer. None of the guys in our company looks right to me. I'd like the Marlboro man.

Filming this in the Mamet style, more of a play set out in realistic locations than a blown up adaptation ala Hollywood, this is quite doable. Most of the scenes would be two-character between mother and daughter. Lots of mother alone visual storytelling, lots of daughter alone the same. That's half the film. Then the one guy in the mix for the other half. I could or could not write cameo roles. Yes, this strikes me as a long project (given everyone's schedules, i.e. we do this part-time) but quite doable.

Beginning to feel as if it might happen.

No comments: