Thursday, July 24, 2008

Business moves forward, slowly

Script #4 sent out today. Agent says it's a VERY slow time, he's amazed I'm getting this many requests. We'll see what happens. It's a numbers game, always has been, and it just takes one. But you have to shake the dice. I've got 10 emails M-F down to a mindless routine. And a database of 100s of possibilities. So I just mindlessly throw the dice, and now and again, hit something, send out a script. Pretty automatic stuff.

But I still need a new idea for my third screenplay of the summer. Wouldn't be unusual to write two in six weeks, then nothing for the duration ha ha. There must be an inspiring idea out there somewhere! (I have LOTS of ideas, but my agent has trained me to wait for the one with real special possibilities; I add another way in, something I really care about, regardless of marketability. I have one of each that I'm pitching now, and the marketable one is winning, 3-1, in terms of requests.)

I need to catch up on music studies.

No comments: