Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Why politics sucks

Tonight is Neighborhood Watch night, when neighbors gather for block parties and park parties throughout the city to meet, come together, and help one another out with regard to crime watches, looking out for one another's kids, and so on. Since large gatherings are happening, the recall honchos have urged us to go with petitions and get signatures.

I absolutely refuse to do this. It betrays the theme of the night. This is about coming together over common interests. It's counter-productive to enter this atmosphere raising a divisive issue of partisan politics. Activists totally disagree, of course, which is the basis of my argument with them.

Nope, not for me. Instead I had my hour at the library and a good hour of signatures it was, too.

No comments: