Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A few responses

Here are a few of the more interesting early responses to Deconstructing Sally.

  • It's an interesting concept, doing a film in which the main character virtually appears.
  • Good job, Charles. I enjoyed it. I wish I had your guts.
  • Fascinating! I thought all of the film elements worked together seamlessly--from the diverse music to the camera work to the writing to the editing, acting and narration. Such a painful story given such a light, ironic spin; the ending reminds me, slightly, of the sensibility of some of Charlie Chaplin's best moments; poignant, with a "cest la vie" comic shrug.
  • Nicely done. Story well told. I am left wondering about just how much of it was fictional.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed "Deconstructing Sally." It is interesting for me right now as I am ploughing my way through Paramanhansa Yogananda's commentaries on the Baghavad Gita.
  • Charlie, I truely enjoyed your fictional memoir. Thanks for sharing it. By the way, everyone at an academic gathering is a second class citizen.

No comments: