Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fall approaches

Cooler and wet today but a final (?) heat spell upcoming, say the forecasters, before fall gets here. And school starts in about a month.

Yesterday was warm. I had a fine solo lunch in the sun on the patio at O'Conners, reflecting on my many blessings, feeling like one very fortunate human who has had a pretty amazing life. The perfectly timed generation: born before Pearl Harbor but late enough to be a teenager during the birth of rock and roll. I've said all this here before. I say many things here more than once. Old age repeats itself ha ha.

I may be showing one or more short digital films at First Wednesday down the road. It's interesting how little interest I have in "aggressive sharing" of my work any more. If folks find it, great, but other than alerting some past fans to new video work, I do damn little to toot my own horn. No commercial goals any more is part of it. No need for any kind of validation any more, although there are some individual "fans" whose responses I pay attention to because they are perceptive. If I please them, I'm thrilled. I've pleased a couple of them so far with Sally.

Brooding in search of another story to tell in a similar narrative approach but thus far, not a clue. Not the hint of an idea -- other than a noir detective story in this form. I wonder if I could adapt Dead Body In A Small Room into a short with this tone.

Well, first things first. Some video interviews to edit for the review and I do want to do two of Donnelly's scripts before I do another of my own.

Onward.

No comments: