Saturday, August 08, 2009

Trepidation-->Bewilderment-->Excitement

I love the creative process. Often it is frustrating, maddening, elusive, confusing, but somehow there is progress toward resolution and greater clarity. Hence my brooding about the video memoir project. Enough is coming together now -- I just made a list of shots for the actress playing the younger Sally --that I am genuinely excited to begin, rather than feeling trepidation about the reunion and bewilderment about the project. I still have a very long ways to go before this becomes a coherent project but I think I'm on the right track now. I'm reminded of one of my favorite lines about art, from William Goldman: It's all material. Another comes from Gilbert Sorrentino: Art doesn't rescue anyone from anything.

No comments: