Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Oops

I may have done something stupid. At the reunion, folks saw me shooting video and inquired if I were making a documentary of the event. No, I said, this is for a personal project, a fictional memoir. Some expressed interest in seeing it when it was done. So this morning I thought I'd send the reunion list a link, and I had meant to remove the inspiration for Sally from this list for fear she'd embrace the "biographical fallacy" and be blind to the fact that this is a work of fiction. I have witnessed the rage of this woman against her father over matters smaller than these. I didn't want to poke this particular hornets' nest with a stick -- but may have. We shall see! A dumb oversight I may regret. A neutral observer might well conclude that this is almost a love song to the Sally created, the failings belonging exclusively to the narrator (not based on fact ha ha), but no one is neutral here. Oh, my.

No comments: