Thursday, January 08, 2009

Appalling news

A few years back I gave the PSU library here a gift: my screenwriting library, including all the issues of the short-lived but excellent journal, Scenario: the magazine of screenwriting art. I kept waiting for the latter to be cataloged so I could use them in class. My patience gave out the other day and I wrote the library on the matter. Today I learn -- they didn't save them! They don't even know what they did with them, sold them or burned them, just that they "disposed" of them. A FUCKING UNIVERSITY LIBRARY DOES THIS!, and with a gift from one of its own faculty!! Of course, being "adjunct" faculty, maybe the library doesn't consider me "real" faculty or something. Unbelievable.

Well, just this morning I was thinking of how "perfect" my relationship with the university has been. The gods must have heard me. They like to remind mere mortals that it's a zero sum universe.

No comments: