Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blessings ... and an opportunity

Corny but true: one of the first things I do each morning is count my blessings because another day begins and I'm still alive. Won't be so forever or, likely, even for ten years. Nine? Eight? You get the picture. One day at a time, thank the gods and get to work.

Heard from a producer looking for a screenwriter from Saudi Arabia, he had read about my wonderful graduate student from last year. I hope they make a productive connection.

Meanwhile we continue to wait for the in-writing offer about THE BRAZEN WING. I want it to happen and therefore try not to think about it. I've had deals seem closer than this one fall through at the last minute. I don't assume anything any more. All the same, I still have good feelings that this will happen.

The four days ahead should be focused and productive. I am nearing the last act of the splay in progress. But I need to get back on the novel ... I know my next sequence but haven't started writing it yet. Novel writing is much, much harder than screenwriting. I can't imagine anyone thinking differently.

I'm also eager to get back shooting video.

No comments: