Wednesday, January 21, 2009

If Life Were A Movie

The first of John Donnelly's short scripts I'm adapting is called "If Life Were A Movie." 2 characters, "an Internet couple" meeting live for first time, the focus is at the airport, the woman going home 3000 miles away, the dramatic question, What is their future? Ten minutes or less. Looking forward to this because it's both a directing and editing challenge. This is driven by subtext, and I want to convey this both in expressions and body language and in images. So it may be the most complex piece I've done yet, despite looking so direct and simple on the surface. This is deep if the subtext works. We have our first reading in about 10 days and I look forward to it.

Thinking of another two-character piece for the 2nd I'll do. Plan to do five.

No comments: