Sunday, January 25, 2009

Common sense

Well, at least one of our city commissioners lives in the real world:

WW has learned that Mayor Sam Adams will announce later today that he plans to return to work this week and will not resign.
Commissioner Randy Leonard received a phone message from Adams at 8 am today that said "regardless of what you think about me and regardless of what you think about the veracity of what I'm saying, I deserve due process and I'm going to stay on."

Leonard tells WWire that getting that message from Adams that he would remain on the job as mayor at the same time that the latest revelations were emerging is "surreal."

He said he has not called Adams back.

"I don't know what I would say to him," Leonard said. "I can't believe what has happened in the last six days.

"Sam seems detached from reality," Leonard said.

No comments: