Thursday, January 15, 2009

A day for students

A full day of teaching, first look at initial story concepts and development track decisions, then in class a full session of discussing dramatic structure. Should be a good day, setting up a good weekend of returning to my prose and script projects, with continued video brooding in the background. Moreover, the weather is supposed to be reasonably nice, so I can take breaks with necessary outside chores. I hope I can fit in seeing Revolutionary Road somewhere, eager to see this, even as I expect disappointment. Films of favorite novels usually disappoint.

In my brooding about a video based on "The Moon In Its Flight," I'm thinking not so much of an adaptation as an appreciation, a narrated appreciation, using some of the Watkins techniques I've been brooding about. This "break from video" is good because it's giving me time to consider new approaches and directions.

All in all, I'm in a good space right now.

No comments: