Saturday, January 17, 2009

Guarded optimism

An email from my agent this morning gives me guarded optimism that the deal may happen. He talked to his boss, the head of the agency, and our demands will not be as high or rigid as I suspected because the economy and market both suck at the moment, and because the producer has such stellar credits (MGM, Lionsgate, Cinemax, HBO), it heightens the opportunity -- so I think there will be an effort to reach an agreement on our end, so now it's up to how stubborn and fixed the producer may be in his interpretation of the deal. But yesterday I would have given this maybe a 25% chance of happening. Today it's up to 50-50, which excites me, because I have increasing good feelings about the producer and his energy. Will be an interesting week.

No comments: