Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What is wrong with McCain?

I don't think the man is well. He looks increasingly haggard, becomes increasingly snappy and repetitive on camera, he looks like a man who is losing it. And if he loses it, guess who comes to the front of the line? I have a strange foreboding about the debate next week, that something highly unexpected, even terrible, is going to happen. This man, who (say witnesses) once called his wife "a cunt" in public, has a well-known temper, and I think we're all going to see its ugly energy before this is over. In the debate, I wouldn't be surprised to see him attack his questioner or otherwise make a fool of himself (which many will applaud him for, of course). He has Nixon's paranoia but apparently without Nixon's intelligence. I think he's going to lose it before this is over, and it's going to be ugly.

No comments: