Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Campus

Man, campus is a mess of construction. Presumably they'll be done in a couple weeks when school starts.

A retired prof emeritus shares the office now, here at 630 a.m. each day to work on a book. A delightful lady. She, like myself, would not want to be younger in this world, no how no way.

Off in a bit to be "trained" in my high tech classroom. Then I'll stop for breakfast on my way home.

Then brood about book two of the novel. I need a good plot point in this book. That is, I have more a sense of the themes I'm working with than of the concrete actions, not good. Book one is pretty solid though I suspect I'll have to go back and plant seeds to connect it better to book two, however it develops. Book three is the chaos during the Berlin Wall's building but the storyline gets embedded in this chaos.

Book two ... act two if you will ... always ALWAYS seems to be the challenge, the hurdle, the toughest to get right.

No comments: