Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Video, prose, scripts, life

  • Video. I gave my actors an Oct 1 deadline for their script pages. Next week, then, I'll get serious about the mockumentary script. I want a usable draft by the 15th so I can schedule the shoot. Because of schedules, this will be spread over several months, I expect. Meanwhile, I have a short video I want to do, something different, a tone poem to Autumn, for which I'd write the music. I'll be using mostly stock footage -- New England and all that.
  • Prose. Continuing to move ahead in the new novel. Also polishing the prose along the way, which is the most fun. A novel is such a huge project, it's hard to hold it all in mind the way I can hold a feature screenplay in mind. And rhetoric is everything. But this project already is as much fun as challenge, a good addition to my fall list of projects.
  • Scripts. Two in progress, want to finish both before the end of the year. A comedy. The Cold War story.
  • Life. I don't know what kind of financial mess Obama is going to inherit if he gets elected -- and he damn well better -- but I don't trust the Bush administration to fix this. I wish we could fast forward to January and let an Obama administration tackle it. At least Congress is not letting Bush and his clan rewrite the Constitution, not yet anyway. I'm glad to see resistance to the requested blank check. I think we need bold creative solutions, like Kucinich suggested. I'd like to see more ideas like that.
  • We're getting away for a few days, to the coast, as we usually do just before school starts. My class starts next week. Summer is over.

1 comment:

Julie said...

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/