Monday, September 29, 2008

I got the heebie jeebies

As a young man, I had an album of Louis Armstrong and his Hot Five that I played constantly, and my favorite tune there was "I got the heebie jeebies." I had no idea what it meant. Later in life, it became my mantra for times of stress. I got the heebie jeebies.

How much is the economy going to crash before it gets turned around? Down 777 on Wall Street in a day is incredible. Lots of retired folks have lots of retirement plans tied up there. At one moment, watching the news, I saw the DOW drop steadily right before my eyes, a balloon with a leak. I turned off the TV.

Obama has to take charge somehow, and not let McCain use these topsy-turvy times to get back into the race. A bold new plan is needed, clearly putting the middle class first and making the greedy fat cats pay.

I got the heebie jeebies.

No comments: