Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Winter term begins

Finally. I was ready to start before the break ended, which usually doesn't happen. Maybe my flight from the holidays was greater this year. At any rate, I'm glad to be back "to normal," ready to slip into my usual work routine. The older I get, the more I like my routine, the more stressful it is to be removed from it.

Meeting with an advanced student at 2, as talented a screenwriter as I've had in class in a long time. She is able to write with "a voice," which perhaps is the hardest skill level to reach in this minimalist form. If she can conquer her act two, she will have a fine and marketable script.

I am eager to get back to my own work. This term, the novel goes front burner. I really want to finish this sucker, after 40+ years of brooding about it. I think, I hope, I finally have the handle for the story.

No comments: