Friday, January 02, 2009

Housekeeping

Rec'd a 1T external hard drive, backing up my external drive for video, better safe than sorry etc. A long process to get so much transferred, however.

A movie this afternoon. Something mindless, The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Delivered my syllabus to the copy center. I'm ready to get into the school routine. I hope to hell it's not a bad winter. I hate winter. I HATE WINTER. Usually we don't get more than gray skies and rain, which beats this snow, ice and torrential downpours.

Feeling a bit of what Dick used to call "the high lonesome." Free floating longing. Need to get back into the routine of writing, editing and teaching.

Lots of energy for the Cold War novel again, which is great. For a while, a few months ago, I thought I might never reengage with it. It's my best material, but I've had a hard time finding the right story for the atmosphere. Maybe this time I have it. Hope so!

Why didn't I look into streaming video earlier? It's so much better than embedded, smaller files, better interface for audience. Maybe the technology wasn't there earlier. With my new software, it's a breeze and a delight.

No comments: