Thursday, January 08, 2009

First anniversary

Last night, Andy of Blackbird Wineshop reminded us, was the first anniversary of our First Wednesday readings. We did it! They are happy, we are happy, it looks like a long relationship. Julie did her usual great job as host, I sat quietly in the back and videotaped the readers. At the end I slipped quietly away, having missed dinner, only to learn from an email this morning that after the reading several folks, including a former student, were looking for me. I wish I'd stayed to meet them. At the same time, I'm not particularly good at hanging out at literary affairs.

I did get some good comments about the new issue and also a nice comment on our silent movie.

Primus got himself a second camera and is ready to start more adventurous video projects, such as doing little documentaries on writers rather than just taping readings; more a "day in the life of" kind of approach. I encourage him to do so. Also encouraging him to learn how to do his own editing.

And Julie, too, might start contributing video, which would be terrific.

Today, the morning anyway, is mine, and class today should be easy, as the early sessions always are.

No comments: