Monday, January 12, 2009

A break from video

Originally I planned to go from the mocku right into the next video project but I'm taking the rest of January, and maybe more, off from video for several reasons. I want to focus on the novel and an old and new screenplay. I want to jump start the summer script. Also, not insignificantly, the usual "postpartum" crash is harder than usual since one of the actors is pretty upset at the end product, for both technical and aesthetic reasons, both of which I disagree with. I've heard from only one other in the cast, who loves it, so it's 1-1 in that category.

At any rate, novel writing is solitary, not collaborative, and I'm reminded of certain advantages in this. And we all worked hard on the mocku (those with the time to), and one actor suggested we all need a break.

Time to immerse myself into the world of the novel without video distractions.

No comments: