Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer projects

With summer just around the corner, I've been brooding about how to organize my various summer projects. They fall into three areas: music, writing, video. Music will be front burner. This includes continuing musical studies, plus a musical project. I've assembled some learning materials to use in a scheduled way.

The video project is the silent comedy. I have a draft of the script. I'll rewrite it as soon as my grades are in.

The writing project is the Cold War novel. I hope to finish a draft. But writing is back burner for the first time. It's always been front burner. But this summer, music and video moves forward ahead of writing.

I think I can get considerable work done in all three areas. I'm best when multi-tasking and busy. Yard work and adventures with the dog will get me out of the office for necessary breaks. It's shaping up to be a great summer.

As long as the tornado season doesn't move to Oregon, or the gods decide to have their way with me, etc. etc. etc. One can't be sure about anything these days.

But I go on the assumption it will be a great summer. If it isn't, it isn't.

No comments: