Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oregon primary

I left the Democratic party in disgust years ago and have been a registered Independent ever since. In Oregon's closed primary, therefore, I didn't get to vote for Prez. I wasn't even tempted to re-register so I could, my dismay over the Democrats in general being pretty strong. Indeed, I'm not a fan of the two-party system. An early primary fantasy, seeing the enthusiasm for Obama, was that Hillary would get the nomination but Obama would lead a walk out and found a new progressive party, which would get 30% or more of the vote and lay the foundation for being a viable permanent party. If this had been done in the 60s, we wouldn't be where we are now. I think we have one party, called Corporations.

1 comment:

Aixa Kay said...

The one party theory: BRILLIANT!