Sunday, May 11, 2008

Taste, strokes, and other variables

We went to Aida this afternoon -- and mutually decided to leave at intermission. I'm not a great fan of Grand Opera (it's not the length: I recently saw Wagner's Tristan..., almost 6 hrs. long, and was on the edge of my seat the whole time), with all its spectacle, and H is not a fan of Italian opera in general (H on Aida: "two beautiful women in love with the same short fat fuck -- who cares?"). H also was stressed because she flies out tonight and her suitcase handle broke -- so she's off the buy a new suitcase, and this gives her more time.

But I came home to learn that a producer is looking at my screenplay Sad Laughter, which I've been marketing forever and forever because I believe in it so much, though it's a spendy historical piece, and one day maybe someone will agree with me. It's always exciting when a producer is at least intrigued to look at it.

I have a lot of class work to catch up on tomorrow! And piano work, too. I should be able to do it.

No comments: